Friday 26 July 2013

Comment


In 1983, I disturbed the chairman of Pandan Gardens Residents Committee. What I wrote to Chua, I have forgotten. He was then a post master. Most likely he reported to the police and I was called up to see inspector Chong of Queenstown Police Station in Queensway.
At first I was aggressive to inspector Chong but after talking to him, we chatted cordially. He advised me that if I want to be famous, I should go into politic. So no charge was filed against me. I think Chua must be very frustrated to know that.
I took his advice and joined the Workers' Party. I had intention to contest the 1984 general election but JB Jayaretnam was not keen on me. So I left WP and went independent. I canvased in Tanjong Pagar for support and monetary assistance. I could not get much. I held a press conference in Tanjong Pagar coffee shop. Two guys came. They could be from ISD. All the reporters were afraid of them.
Later I announced my withdrawal from the GE. See http://www.kewkahfatt.9f.com/mylife/mylife1.html for the newspaper reports. I am going after the writers of the articles. Sorry, they are written in Chinese. No English paper was interested to report. So I went to scold the editor of Monitor for not coming to my press conference.
I joined a group to form the NSP. I was active and later be its member. Then in I think 1991, I vied for chairman post but someone played me out so I quit from NSP telling Ken Sng, NSP has to beg for me if they want my service as chairman.



No comments: