Thursday 30 October 2008

Opposition From Home

Luke chapter 4
4:24 And he said, Verily I say unto you, No prophet is accepted in his own country.
4:25 But I tell you of a truth, many widows were in Israel in the days of Elias, when the heaven was shut up three years and six months, when great famine was throughout all the land;
4:26 But unto none of them was Elias sent, save unto Sarepta, a city of Sidon, unto a woman that was a widow.
4:27 And many lepers were in Israel in the time of Eliseus the prophet; and none of them was cleansed, saving Naaman the Syrian.


This is why regulate the family in Confucianism is so hard to achieve due to the opposition from home and hometown. I give an example. After a day my family had decided to have my son's ashes thrown into the sea. On the 2nd day in the funeral wake, relatives put pressure on my wife and daughter till they screamed in agony. Relatives still prefer to put the ashes in columbarium.

In the end, my daughter decided to put the ashes in Chua Chu Kang government columbarium for Christians, Catholics etc. The urn was placed next to my wife's mother ashes. I did not follow them there as I maintain my own principles. See last note.

Anyway I will persevere to regulate my family in order to save the world. In the meantime, punishment will be meted out to earth to wake up people from their ignorance.

No comments: