Thursday 2 August 2007

Singapore National Day


Singapore time 8.20 am 2nd August 2007
National Day is around the corner and many Singaporeans are putting up Singapore flags outside their flats or building to show their allegance. To me this is not important. I don't follow trend or common practice. Like funeral service, I now don't attend them. I don't respect a dead body which is similar to an animal carcase like chicken carcases in wet market. To respect a person is when he or she is still alive not when dead.
I do not encourage the way national day celebration is organised in Singapore. It is really a waste of money, time and effort. What is the purpose of this wasteful celebration ? To tell Singaporeans PAP is the best.
Celebration can be conducted on grass root level in each constituency. Get the people to join in. It is no point showing off our new weapons and fighting planes. Neighbour countries will not be cow edby our show of armed forces. Humility is the rule.

No comments: