Thursday 23 August 2007

Bhagavad Gita chapter 6 1 paragraph

Singapore time 8.54 am 23rd August 2007

GHAGAVAD GITA
chapter 6 1 paragraph
'The yogi should unite constantly with the soul,situated in solitude, one self-controlled consciousnesswithout wanting, without possessing.In a clear place establishing the firm seat of the soul,neither too high nor too low,covered with cloth, antelope skin, and kusha grass,there making the mind single,consciousness and sense activity controlled,sitting on the seatone should practice union for self-purification.Keeping even the unmoving body, head, and neck steady, concentrating the eyes on the tip of the nose, and not looking around,the self calmed, fear banished, staying in chastity,controlling the mind, conscious of me,united, one should sit devoted to me.Thus always united with the soul,the yogi of disciplined mindattains peace, supreme nirvana, founded with me.


Nasal gaze is the correct meditation of the 2 meditation methods mentioned in the Gita. I preach this in my Meditation For Everyone in my earlier post.

No comments: