Sunday 27 July 2008

Daodejing Poem 53

Singapore time 9.24 am 27th July 2008

Letting me to know suddenly the truth, walking in the domain of great Tao, mine only conduct is fear. Great Tao is smooth sailing, but people prefer small paths. The royal court is abundant in luxuries; farmers' fields are overgrown with weeds; the granaries are empty; yet royal officials are clad in fine silk; swords hanging on their hips; they are making merry with food and wine; their money are in abundant. This is what is called brigandage, not the way of Tao!
Awakening is sudden. When I had my Mark on my forehead sealed, I awaken to the sudden urge to do things for the world. My mind kept telling me to get hold of many scriptures as possible. To many people, their awakening is enlightenment. Like Hui Neng, his awakening was after hearing the reading of the Diamond Sutra by someone.
The path of Tao or self cultivation is simple but many people cannot take it because they want merriment to tickle their senses.
If the rulers amass riches in their pocket, they are not following the Tao way. It is like robbing the citizens to enrich themselves. Tao's way is to treat everyone equal something like the Communist way. This is because we are all Gods. Our Spirits are the same One. That is Tao.

No comments: