Monday 8 October 2007

Son's Problem

Singapore time 11.41pm 8th October 2007

My son 's previous employer is a logistic company at block 38, Keppel Road. It is a French company.

A couple of months back, the HR clerk telephoned my son telling him that the company had overpaid him. She told my son a certain amount and wanted to settle the amount quickly. He was given a bank account number to transfer the money there. My son did transfered some money for the past months.

Today, she called my son again and said the amount was much more and wanted to get it settled by end of this month. If my son does not settle the amount by then, she said the company will sue him. So he is upset all about this.

I suspect the clerk is trying to cheat my son of some money. Firstly she did not send any company letter detailing the amount overpaid. And I suspect the bank account for money transfer is her own account. If it is the company account, there will be query about the transfer.

My son did not tell me the story. My wife complained it to me so I put this up.

When more details are known, this post will be edited.

Edited on 8th October 2007.

No comments: